Sunday 1 December 2019

Rock Art on Gardoms Edge

Only me today, everyone else was busy. I had a bit of a lay in and set off just before 08:00 and got parked up at the bottom of Clodhall lane close to the Sheffield Rd junction. My intention was to go and find the famous rock art on one of the stones on Gardoms Edge. I've looked for it in the past but failed. This time i was armed with the coordinates on my GPS so i was hopeful. Had a great walk along the edge with the temperature at -6 there was lots of frost and ice about. From a photographers point of view i think Gardoms Edge is much underrated with having some fantastic photo opportunities. I got to the Old tree and wall and into the wooded area where my GPS was pointing. Slowly worked around to the Sun Dial Stone and then started following my GPS to the rock art stone. Had a look around but couldn't find it, about to give up when another photographer was walking close by and asked was i looking for something (there is a god) and he told me where it was, i was only a few yards away. After spending a bit of time photographing it i set off back to the car.





































































It was really cold this morning even the sheep droppings were white over lol. The stone with the rock art is not the original, that was replaced with this replica many years ago although its made fibre glass it looks real.
Hopefully be up to full strength next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment